For this blog post, I decided to make it fun. In doing so, I’m going to list my favorite things/people. The things in the following list mean a lot to me and I want to share them with whomever decides to read this post. And I think it’ll be a fun way to learn something about me that you didn’t know before. Or you might find out that I’m secretly crazy. Either way, it’ll be fun.
1. BOOKS – now, if you didn’t know that already, then you truly don’t know me. Because of my love of books, I found what I wanted to do with my life: literary agent (more on that a little later). I mostly like all genre of books except for a few. My favorite books fall under the following genres: women’s fiction, romance, young adult, adult contemporary, fanfiction, and non-fiction. Just for fun, here is a list of my favorite authors (who I will recommend ALWAYS): Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Amy Reichert, and Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan (these two are a duo).
2. LITERARY AGENT INTERN – to continue on with the book theme, one of my favorite things is working and interning with Brent Taylor. I’ve been his intern since April and I’ve learned so much. And I am truly enjoying every minute of it. Being his intern has allowed me to start thinking about what kinds of books I would want to represent when I (hopefully) become an agent. Every time a manuscript shows up in my email, I get so happy. So, Brent, thank you for taking me on as your intern. It means the world to me.
3. WRITING – writing has always been a big part of my life. Ever since my sophomore year of high school, I believe. I still have the manuscript from the very first “novel” I’ve ever written. Although it’s embarrassing, it’s something I’m super proud of. I can only hope to be able to write like Jodi Picoult one day. Not only that, but I’ve made one of my best friends ever because of writing. Amanda, thank you so much for forgiving me after I dropped icing on your computer (HAHA). And thank you for putting up with all of my craziness. It truly means a lot to me. I cannot wait to really dive into the book we’re writing together.
4. ONE DIRECTION – I bet you all were wondering when this would pop up, so here it is! First, I would just like to say to those who think it’s a little weird that I like a boyband: whatever, get over it. Harry, Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Louis are all either my age or a year or two older than me. It’s not like I’m obsessed with guys younger than eighteen. Secondly, the members of this band are just so amazing. They care about people. Harry is fighting for equality all over the world. Louis spends a lot of time raising money for children who are dying from cancer. As a band for Red Nose Day, they took the money for a music video for “One Way or Another” and donated it to those in Africa. And finally, together or apart, they make some pretty great music. Their music has gotten me out of some pretty hard times. If I’m stressed, upset, or sad, I know if I listened to 1D, I’ll be happy. There is just something about these guys . . .
5. THE ROYAL FAMILY – Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Prince Harry, Prince George Alexander Louis, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, and William and Kate, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are some of my favorite people on this planet. I’ve been mesmerized by their existence for the longest time. Everything about them is perfect. And because of them, I have made some great friends who are just as obsessed as I am. More specifically, Gail Werner. The moment something big happens, we are instantly messaging each other about it. It will definitely always be one of my favorite things.
6. TRAVEL – granted, I haven’t actually traveled to these places I’m about to list, but the idea of one day being able to sends adrenaline through my body. London and New York have been on my mind all of my college career. So much so, they made their way on to my graduation cap. New York has always been a place I’ve wanted to live in. When I started college, I knew I wanted to work within publishing, I just didn’t know what. But the one thing I did know was that I needed to be in New York. That has changed quite a bit lately. Now, I would love to live and work in London. It would be the perfect fit for me, I just know it.
7. FAMILY – last year, my grandfather on my dad’s side passed away. At his funeral, I met some of my family I didn’t know or remembering meeting when I was younger. But his funeral pushed that side of my family to get together for reunions. In the last year, we’ve had three, and I’m so grateful for having these chances to get close with the family I didn’t know I had. I have gotten super close with some of my “third” cousins. Zach was the first one I met (I met him at the funeral). He accepted me into the family like it was nothing. Allie was the second one I met (I also met her at the funeral). She’s the one I go to whenever I have a problem. We’ve gotten so close in the last year. And, finally, Kameron. I don’t think I can put how much he means to me into words. He’s stuck with me for the last year, through all my panicking about graduation and after graduation, relationship issues, and so much more. Even though he yelled “Go Big Red” while I crossed the stage at graduation, I think I’ll keep him. Oh, and my sister is pretty great too. My best friend for life for sure.
8. PETS – I love all of my pets. I don’t know what my life would be like without the dogs and cats that are in my life. Sometimes they drive me up a wall, but I wouldn’t change how things are. EVER.
These are just some of my favorite things, but they’re the most important. They make me who I am and they allow me to be myself. Without these things, I don’t know who I would be.